Application ProcessSCDMH Postdoctoral Fellowship in Forensic Psychology
Two postdoctoral positions are available. Fellows will be employees of the South Carolina Department of Mental Health Inpatient Services in the Forensic Evaluation Services department. The stipend for the 12-month appointment for 2023-2024 is $61,323. In addition, fellows will accrue vacation and sick leave hours each month and have the opportunity to enroll in State retirement, health, vision, and dental insurance plans.
Those interested in applying should provide the following:
- A letter of interest detailing why you want to train at our program and what you hope to gain from the rotations/trainings offered. The letter should also speak to your long-term goals as a forensic psychologist.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Three letters of recommendation, one of which should be from a current supervisor.
- An original copy of your graduate school transcript(s).
- Two recent sample reports (ideally within the past 12 months) and a cover statement as to why you chose to submit these two samples. As much as possible, the submitted reports should reflect your own independent work, rather than a report heavily edited by a supervisor.
If you have not yet received your degree, you should submit a letter from your graduate school’s Director of Clinical Training or dissertation chair discussing the progress on your dissertation and progress towards the completion of your degree requirements.
Materials can be emailed to the Postdoctoral Training Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
7901 Farrow Road, Building 6 Columbia, SC 29203
Questions related to the fellowship should also be directed to Dr. Horsley at the above email address.
Application Deadline is 01/03/23
Interviews begin 01/23/23
Fellowship begins 09/01/23