Two postdoctoral positions are available with the SCDMH Postdoctoral Fellowship in Forensic Psychology. Fellows will be employees of the South Carolina Department of Mental Health Inpatient Services in the Forensic Evaluation Services department. The stipend for the 12-month appointment for 2020 – 2021 is $47,700. In addition, fellows will accrue vacation and sick leave hours each month and have the opportunity to enroll in State retirement, health, vision, and dental insurance plans.
Those interested in applying should include:
- A letter of interest detailing why you want to train at our program and what you hope to gain from the rotations/trainings offered. The letter should also speak to your long-term goals as a forensic psychologist.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Three letters of recommendation, one of which should be from a current supervisor.
- An original copy of your graduate school transcript(s).
- Two recent sample reports (ideally within the past 12 months) and a cover statement as to why you chose to submit these two samples. As much as possible, the submitted reports should reflect your own independent work, rather than a report heavily edited by a supervisor.
If you have not yet received your degree, you should submit a letter from your graduate school’s Director of Clinical Training or dissertation chair discussing the progress on your dissertation and progress towards the completion of your degree requirements.
Materials can be emailed to the Postdoctoral Training Director at email@example.com or
Mail application materials to:
Dr. Rozanna Tross
South Carolina Department of Mental Health
7901 Farrow Road, Building 6
Columbia, S.C. 29203
Questions related to the fellowship should also be directed to Dr. Tross.
Application Deadline is 12/15/20
Interviews begin 01/19/21
Fellowship begins 09/01/21